Friday, May 18, 2012

Trayvon's Mellow Mood

I've recently taken to drinking a new line of Iced teas named "Marley's Mellow Mood" its a product that has been developed and brought out in collaboration with the Marley family. The cool thing with this drink is that while most drinks on the market these days offer energy boost this is actually an anti-energy drink, with the can boasting "All Natural Relaxation."



The first day I saw it, I must admit the picture of Marley's face smack dab in the middle of the can is what intrigued me more than anything, so most naturally I bought it. Armed with my new Iced tea I headed off to meet up with my mom and a couple of friends who were having a lunch date close by, one of which was a doctor. When I walked in they all saw my drink and were equally intrigued as I was. The doctor took the bottle and turned it around to the ingredients list and he started smiling, I asked him what he had read, and he went on to explain to me that the ingredients of the drink were basically the legal equivalent to things found in marijuana, and that the drink could in fact have the same effects of smoking weed. Anyone that knows anything about Bob Marley would know that the man sure loved his marijuana, which I guess could make this drink a "good" tribute to him. Does the fact that Marley used to smoke weed affect the way that anyone views him though, or the millions of people that still listen to his music? I think not.

This all leads me to what this blog is really about.
Florida teenager, who was shot dead by a neighbourhood watch leader, found to have traces of marijuana in blood and urine
Oh no, they done opened a can of worms now. Or did they really? Maybe its my mellow caribbean attitude, but so what! Big deal, Trayvon liked to smoke weed. Already people have taken to labeling him as a pot head and using it in a negative light against his character and have gone even as far as to now give George Zimmerman's actions justification. I've read comments on various articles about the newest evidence discovery, most of which share the very same view as myself.

The point will always remain that Trayvon Martin was a 17yr old armed with skittles and an Arizona Iced Tea. He left his father's girlfriend's house that night to go to the 7eleven for this little brother, and on his way back home was gunned down by a man who the police told to stand down, the same man who ignored the police and pursued him anyway, which resulted in the altercation that took Travyon's life. In my humble opinion the fact that Travyon was "high" would just further prove to me that he didn't go looking for any trouble, because if there is one thing that all marijuana smokers can tell you is that only two things result from smoking weed, A good mellow high or you get sick cause someone sold you a bad mix. Marley's Mellow Mood sums up in three words exactly the effects of marijuana, nothing more, nothing less.

Don't use the marijuana in Trayvon's system to persecute him or his family, use the gun in zimmermans hand to prosecute him!



Rise above the ignorance!
Much love • Much Light

1 comment: